Currently Liquid Nicotine is a scheduled poison and is classed as a dangerous poison under State and federal classification across Australia.
If you are going to use Nicotine please know some facts.
Nicotine is a harmful substance and every caution is needed when in use.
If in contact with the skin or ingested and you have signs of Nicotine poisoning, to which symptoms may be skin irritation, upset stomach, dizziness or headaches then medical attention should be sought. Highly concentrated Nicotine is poisonous and taking necessary steps to ensure proper handling will eliminate a risk to yourself and others.
- Wear gloves, as diluted Nicotine can be absorbed through the skin.
- Ensure if you are using Nicotine you are in a well ventilated environment.
- Do not use everyday mixing items (kitchen utensils,etc). Suggest using items that may be disposable, as cross contamination can occur.
- Shake well before use.
- Recommend using a low concentrated mg (milligram), if not confident mixing high strength.
- Store your Nicotine out of reach of children and pets as its a toxic substance, making sure it is labelled correctly.
- Oxidization and heat/UV can degrade your Nicotine, so be sure it is in a well sealed child proof container in a controlled environment. Nicotine can be stored in the freezer or fridge to prolong its life. It will not freeze, for use remove and leave aside assuring it can be evenly mixed before using, and when finished return to storage conditions.
- Discoloured Nicotine is an indication that your Nicotine may not be suitable for use and recommend safely disposing.
- Calculating the right amount of Nicotine to use can result in harm, so calculating correct measurements is essential.
- On a calculator: Type in your Nicotine strength you desire, (eg 3mg), divided (÷) by the amount of mg (milligrams) your have as Nicotine base (eg 100mg), then times (X) this by the amount of which you wish to make (eg 30ml) = 0.9ml. So the amount to add from Nicotine base in this calculation to e-liquid is 0.9ml.
- Syringes can be used but may not be accurate, digital scales are recommended.
POISONS hotline is 13 11 26 from anywhere in Australia, and ring 000 if in case of emergency.